Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday at Friday's (South)

Its Tuesday, you're one day into your work week and the one thing on your mind is a big juicy cheeseburger with fries. PERFECT! Friday's South has your fix.

Friday's South is located amongst the downtown bars in Collinsville Illinois. Their daily specials keep the locals packing the place all day and all night. A long gunshot interior, remodeled from an old hardware store, houses high top bar tables, a long bar, familiar faces, and a staff that remembers your drink orders from week to week.

I started going to Friday's South with Gene a couple weeks after we started dating. Its a tradition of some of his friends to meet there on Mondays for 25 cent wings. By the second week I was there Rachel (our regular waitress) had my diet Coke on the table before I even knew I wanted one.

One week, looking for something other than the perfectly cooked fire hot wings, I ordered a burger. Its a moment that I will never forget. Expecting a half decent bar burger I got something so much more. The bun was soft and toasted. Inside it sat a thick, juicy, flavorful burger. The toppings come on the side and is normally served with chips, I replaced them with fries. The fries are the perfect shoe string seasoned with what seems to be simple salt and pepper.

On Tuesday's you can get that burger with a choice of cheese, and those yummy fries for 4 bucks! If you are looking for a perfect burger, friendly service, a comfortable and relaxed setting then head to Friday's South where everybody knows your name. The pizza happens to be incredible too!

No comments:

Post a Comment