Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pantry Raid

I want to take the first part of this entry to thank those of you who have read my blog and given me feedback. I am very much encouraged by your words and look forward to hearing more from you. If you have a recipe or tip to share PLEASE share it, its part of the reason that I am doing this.

Today, I had to pull together another lunch of things that I found in the pantry. We all do this almost every day and usually find ourselves falling into monotony with our meals. I fall into this trap all the time. I feel like the interesting food that I love takes time, preparation, MONEY. Lately I am lacking in the latter more than anything. That means a serious drought of interesting ingredients, and going back to that same pantry over and over again.

To combat that I began to look at what I do have differently. A cheap yellow onion became caramelized onions. Frozen flat bread became a pizza crust, a bulb of garlic began to melt before my eyes into a mellow rich roasted garlic. Throwing in the left over sliced mushrooms from a previous meal and I had caramelized onion and goat cheese pizza with roasted garlic and mushrooms. I admit, I had to make a special trip for the goat cheese, but it cost me 4 bucks. I love goat cheese anyway, so the left overs will go in a salad in a couple of days. I am looking forward to having my pizza for dinner. I can already taste it in my mind, and its delicious.

Take a look at your pantry and let me know what you find. What do you have hidden in there that becomes something interesting with a little imagination added in for spice. Maybe you will inspire others with what you share.

No comments:

Post a Comment